Black Caps mindset to have fun at World T20

(Photosport)
(Photosport)

The Black Caps remain unbeaten at the World T20 and Martin Guptill is putting it down to the team going out to have fun on the field.

New Zealand have beaten hosts India, Australia and Pakistan for a semifinal place.

Guptill's superb knock of 80 set up a challenging Black Caps total of 180-5 and they pegged back a blistering Pakistan start to win by 22 runs.

Black Caps mindset to have fun at World T20

"I think it was pretty important for the team, rather than myself, we needed someone to bat the majority of the overs to set up the back end of the innings to get up towards the 180 mark," Guptill said.

"We were lucky enough that I was able to bat through most of the innings and pick up some good partnerships with [Kane Williamson] and [Corey Anderson] to set that total up as well."

The Black Caps have one pool game left against Bangladesh and despite already qualifying for the next stage, Guptill doesn't expect the team to ease off the pedal.

"We've got a mindset of being aggressive and just going out and having a bit of fun. At the moment everyone is having fun playing cricket and we're playing some good cricket together and putting in some good performances.

"We just have to keep going out and having a bit of fun and backing ourselves to best of our ability, and if we can do that against Bangladesh then who knows, we could go through unbeaten."

The Black Caps play Bangladesh on Saturday night (NZT).

Newshub.